Monday, May 27, 2013

Just another normal day Chez Long

Yesterday, I got Elizabeth and Parker new shoes. Parker goes through a pair of sneakers in about a month or so. He never complains about them falling apart, but at some point, I notice massive holes in them and throw them out.  Elizabeth got some boots a month or so ago and they too had fallen apart.  So Parker got a new pair of sneakers and Elizabeth got some new boots; a very nice pair of Kenneth Cole brown zipper up the side boots. I can only describe them as classy.  On clearance, $20. I told her that she couldn't where these boots for PE or other hard playing as they were too nice.  Miranda's shoes don't fall apart as quickly as Parker and Elizabeth but I'm not sure why.

So today she asks if we can go to the park. I told her to go ask her siblings. She did and reported back that everyone wanted to go.  So I said, Great, tell them to brush their teeth, you need to change into some play shoes or sneakers, and then we can go.  She walked away.  Ten minutes later, I went out into the living room and she was on the couch with her head buried in the pillows. I asked what was wrong, but she wouldn't tell me.  I asked if we were going to the park, but she wouldn't answer.  I started to get annoyed and she finally said, "BUT I WANT TO WEAR MY BOOTS AND I WANT TO GO TO THE PARK!"

As I have no patience for such nonsense, I just walked away muttering I guess we won't go to the park.  Then she starting hysterically crying. This went on for a good 10-15 minutes before I told her to go upstairs if she wanted to cry that loud.  She immediately went silent.

Then I went back out to check on her about 10 minutes later and she was asleep on the couch in the same position she was during the crying bout.

Meanwhile, Miranda is upstairs making drawings on the computer and Parker is building with the legos.

I guess we aren't going to the park.


No comments: