Thursday, November 21, 2013

A MAN A PLAN A CANAL PANAMA

Parker got interested in Palindromes again. It's happened three or four times over his life and I'm sure it will come up again. He started designing a palindrome book on the computer but he was using palindromes that didn't make sense like CATATAC for Cat Attack.  So today when he asked if he could go work on it again I told him he should try to make up ones that made sense, like "A MAN, A PLAN, A CANAL, PANAMA."  He sort of looked at me funny and asked me to say it again. I did and he sort of chuckled.  Then he repeated it to ensure he got it and ran off. I never explained it to him and he didn't ask what it meant.

At dinner an hour or so later, I was telling Michael that Parker had worked on it more and I told him about A MAN A PLAN A CANAL PANAMA.  Parker chuckled once again.  So I said, "Do you even know what that means, Parker?" with a somewhat snotty tone in my voice.   So Parker says, "Yes.  It's a canal that was built to make sure that boats that wanted to go to New York from California didn't have to go all the way around."

Holy Shit. I said, "How do you know that????" He said, "We learned about it at school this year."

 Point: Parker.

No comments: