Sunday, November 25, 2012

Desks and Assumptions

A little over a year ago, I bought these cute little school house desks from a twin mom. I thought they were adorable and the girls would love them.


I was wrong. They used them a little bit, but not much and with the art table in the play room and little desks in their room, they were just taking up space.  So I posted them on Craigslist and someone contacted me wanting them for their 3 year old grand daughters.  The person was named Bernie Walford and I immediately got the image of this older, slightly grumpy grey haired white man.  So when I scheduled a time for him to come get the desks, I kept a look out so I could go out to meet him on the street.  So when a truck drove up, I went down.

Boy was I surprised when a younger looking Asian woman came out of the truck.  She introduced herself as Bernie and was smitten with the desks.  She had her mother with her, which means that the older one had great grand daughters.

 The whole thing was strange, but the desks are gone for essentially the same price I paid over a year ago.

No comments: