Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cookies

The girls are girl scouts and the whole thing bugs the crap out of me. But they like it and all their friends do it, so we do it.  Last weekend, we all got 30 boxes of cookies to sell.  Well, each girl got 30 so we got 60 boxes.  I knew I wasn't going to let the girls sell them door to door and because our house is so close to Safeway where there is an official booth, we can't just set up shop outside our house.  So, I posted on facebook and within a few days, all the cookies were gone.  Delivered to friends nearby, dropped off at houses, or shipped to Reno, they all left the building.  Michael was upset we didn't keep more for ourselves, but I figured we could always buy more...

Here are the girls selling at a booth in a store in Piedmont in the pouring rain.  In 6 hours, they sold 138 boxes. I was shocked. Despite Elizabeth's face, she had a great time and didn't want to leave when I brought Miranda up to the shift. 



No comments: