Thursday, June 27, 2013

High Diving


We went to the El Cerrito Swim Center today after Ebba watched all the kids this morning so I could do my cat volunteer thing.   There was a water slide there, but you had to be 48 inches to go on it. But then I read the sign and it said "48 inches or pass swim test". So I told Elizabeth, who was very upset that she couldn't go on the slide, to do the test and then she could. So she did and then they tell us the sign is wrong "it's a typo" and you DO have to be 48 inches. She turned into a grumpy grumperson. Took a long while, help from Ebba and watching Miranda, who later passed the swim test, go off the diving board, to get her out of it.  I couldn't believe they all went up on the high dive. It was so high!   Parker was doing dives off the board and all these older kids were clapping and hollering. At first I thought they were teasing him, but then I realized they were sincere and thought he was awesome since he was the only one diving from the high board.







No comments: