Friday, December 19, 2014

Last day at FOF

I volunteered for my last time at Fix our Ferals on Thursday.  I've been going almost every Thursday for the last two years to help spay and neuter feral and friendly cats. I was the anesthesia technician's assistant. I held cats, gave them vaccines, drew blood, inserted microchips, and did other such nonsense.  We did between 20 and 36 cats a day. I enjoyed the work and even though the other volunteers were all crazy cat ladies, I enjoyed them too. It was nice to work in a place that had so many dedicated volunteers (the only staff were the vet and rvt when I started...but then they hired some office staff.)  I liked that there I was just another volunteer and not a mom.  It allowed us to foster kitties and made me feel like I was doing something useful.  I'll miss it as I change my focus from cats to dogs.


Michelle, the clinic manager and me.
Paula, the RVT and me



No comments: