Saturday, December 27, 2014

X-mas

A couple months ago, Michael and I agreed that Christmas would be low key this year with only two presents each. That went out the window quickly as we just had to get 'one more thing'.  Then we had to equal out the presents.  Then we had to just get one more thing. With the exception of stockings that we filled the night before and a really big white board, everything else was under the tree by x-mas eve. We let them open one thing each on the 24th and the girls chose a shared gift which was the Fort Magic (a giant fort making kit) and Parker chose what he thought was legos (despite the fact hat we told him he was not getting Legos) but which was a game called Sequence.  Everyone was happy with the rest of their presents the next morning. I got Michael a fancy camera (with his money but that is the last time I have to say that!) but that he knew about since I used his amazon account.  Elizabeth got me a earring holder (since I told her I wanted one) but the one she picked was really a christmas ornament display thing. It worked fine for earrings so who cares.  Michael made a really good apple pie later in the day (even though he said he wanted to take a nap) which was really good. He partially credits the cook book I got him called Pie School, lessons in fruit, flour and butter.  I don't even like pie and this pie was delicious!  I was super tired x-mas day as I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping lately (even with drugs) so I didn't take many pics. Michael did so hopefully he'll post.

The girls were being very nice to each other on the 24th. This is extremely rare.

Fort magic kit. I thought they would need help but Miranda made a car on her own the next day without any instructions. 

Her favorite presents. Panda jimmies and (another) stuffed animal.




We watched maze runner (which I gave Parker) on x-mas but the girls got freaked out and left since it was freaky and scary.  Nightmares that night and last night too. Good times.

No comments: