Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Last Few Days

The last couple days have been filled with all manner of activities.  On Thursday, I picked up Parker early from school for his 10 year old check up. He's having trouble sleeping and is apparently flat footed but otherwise doing well.  He's tall and skinny but we didn't need a doctor to tell us that.    On the way to the doctor, I found out that he was eliminated from the spelling bee with the word brethren that he actually knew how to spell. He was very upset. He thinks he needs to be the best at everything so I tried to talk to him about all the things he is really good at and how some people aren't good at anything.  Then I started to make jokes about all the things he is best at.  So when the doctor said he had 20/20 vision, I told him he had the "best" vision.  Then in the exam room, I continued telling him he was the best at sitting on the table. The best at touching his toes. The best at this. The best at that. I got him laughing and although I don't think he forgot about the spelling bee, I think it helped.

Then we went back to school, met Michael and Elizabeth and watched Miranda's GrooveLab end of session show. She's quite good at the guitar. She was the only one amplified because I think she is the only one who can really play.  Once she starts being comfortable singing in front of others, she'll be awesome.  I can even see her now in college playing songs for her dormmates.









Then Friday morning, Elizabeth was VIP in her class. She got to share her medals, trophies, stuffed bear and we all watched a video of her doing gymnastics.  The kids were very impressed and asked a lot of questions. Elizabeth was a little rude to the boys because I think she was uncomfortable.





Then I ran off to an Audit Committee meeting (I volunteered for it since they were looking for previous auditors and there aren't that many of those...)

Then, I went back to school that at 3 for the girls end of session theater show.  As expected, it was terrible, but I seemed to be the only parent who noticed. Everyone else thought it was "amazing" and "darling" and they were so proud of their little thespians. Ugh.





The good times continue today with a chess tournament, Parker's bday party and a swim meet tomorrow.  The girls have a indoor water park bday party tomorrow too.  Aren't weekends relaxing????

No comments: