Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mom's visit

My mom just went to the airport after spending almost 5 days with me and the kids. (Michael, as you have read, was in Chicago.) She was a life saver. Parker was sick almost the whole week so it would have been pretty much impossible for me to have been alone with all of them. Mom made breakfasts and lunches and dinners each day. She cleaned up, straightened up, organized, and did lots of laundry. She took Parker to the library, played marble game with him, and read him many many books. She brought gifts (Trashy Town and Five Trucks), both which were immediate favorites and memorized by day two. She shooed the dove that Zeke dragged into the house out the front door during my moment of panic. She gave me baby and toddler advice. She showed me home made games for kids and what to do with jello containers. She told me what books to get from the libary. She held crying babies, soothed cranky ones and yes, even my mom, goo-goo, gaa-gaa'd at them too.

She can finally see the difference between the gals, but can't for the life of her remember who is who.

It was a good visit all around.

No comments: