Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Days like these...

Recently, my dad told me that if I wanted anyone to believe having twins was hard, I should post some pictures of crying babies, or screaming toddlers, or exhausted parents. Problem is...you never think to grab the camera when you've got crying babies, screaming toddlers or exhausted parents. Today, I had all three and not once did I reach for the camera.

Parker has been sick since Saturday. He had a pretty high fever for a couple days. He was totally hot and then shivering. It was quite sad. We kept him home from daycare again today even though he had no fever, because he wasn't quite 'normal' yet and had a fever yesterday. When dad left for work this morning, Parker was screaming bloody murder about something and the gals were needing to be changed and fed. The beginning of a great day.

Parker kept that up for a good long while and when I could finally put the gals down for a nap, Parker and I sat together on the couch for a while. All was well until his nap, when he woke up prematurely and started screaming for mommy. Mommy, you see, was, again, feeding the babies. (Miranda is using a big girl seat that she can't be left alone in.) So he screamed and screamed and when I did finally go in, he just kept repeating "want mommy, want mommy'. I told him I was right here, but he either didn't hear me or didn't care. Finally, he fell asleep and I went back to the living room. I laid down on the couch for a total of 20 minutes when Miranda and Elizabeth woke up for their 30 minute nap. Damn it! So I fed them, nursed them, played with them, and then tried a nap again. It took!

So when Michael came home early at 4:30 to help out, I felt like a liar because all three kids were asleep and the house was quiet. Ahhh, if the day had only been like that.

So, no, I didn't get any pictures of any of that. But I did get these pictures. (Courtesy of a professional photographer courtesy of the grandparents.) Which remind me that life is good and crying babies and screaming toddlers aren't the worst thing in the world.




No comments: