Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Doors

Last night, Michael put Parker to bed around 7:30. He was goofing off a bit, but then settled down. I went into our room to watch tv and Michael stayed in the living room to write a paper for work. Around 8:20 or so, I hear thump, thump, pitter, patter, pitter, patter, thump, thump, thump, thump. Then I hear Michael saying, Parker...what are you doing? I got out of bed and went in to see them. I look at Michael and say, "Huh what is he doing up?" He looks and me and says, "I was just about to ask you that."

So, apparently, the little monkey finally figured out that he could just open the door and get out of the room. And so he did. After trying to get him to go back upstairs unsuccessfully, I gave up. I was able to keep him quiet reading library books for about 30 minutes and then we did the bedtime routine again.

Then again, this morning at 5:30, he comes down stairs again and comes in to visit me on the couch, where I had escaped to after some middle of the night baby crying and husband snoring. What totally cracks me up is that he closes the door behind him.

All along we had been saying, Wouldn't it be great if he could just get up and start playing with toys in the morning?

Yeah, really great.

No comments: