Sunday, June 17, 2007

single parenting, part one

9:20pm: All three kids finally asleep.

11:00pm: Miranda cries for about 20 minutes.

Midnight: Parker has a nightmare, and I spend a few minutes calming him down.

2:00am: Parker wants his mommy, but instead he gets me. I lie in bed with him for 20 minutes while he falls back to sleep.

4:00am: Miranda wakes up bawling, and I give her a four ounce bottle, of which she drinks one ounce.

5:00am: Parker starts calling out, so I go up and get into bed with him. He's pretty much awake at this point, despite my instructions for him to close his eyes. He keeps making me kiss his arm, which I think went to sleep.

5:01am: Elizabeth begins making dolphin sounds.

5:30am: I go lay on the couch while Parker sings spanish songs quietly to himself in his bed, and Elizabeth emits periodic squeaks.

5:50am: I give up, get the two of them out of bed, start the day.

6:00am: Miranda wakes up, having just evacuated her bowels quite voluminously. She didn't go all day yesterday, and I think that's part of why she was so fussy.

Here are the girls enjoying their morning biscuits.

No comments: