Saturday, August 25, 2012

Synthesizer

Rachel's brother gave Parker a synthesizer a few years ago, which was of great interest to him at the time, even though he couldn't play piano then. Same as with the drum machine I got him, he took a great deal of pleasure in changing the voice, and getting to know all the permutations.

For some reason it hasn't been set up since he started playing piano, but we set it up this morning, and he got sucked into it immediately. I like watching Parker when he's consumed with something, so I thought I'd get some video of it, and he was pretty much oblivious to my presence. I suspect he'll spend quite a bit of time playing around with this now that he has some piano skills, but we'll see. Rachel suggested putting it in his room, but I showed her this and asked her to imagine it at 6am.

My favorite part is around 3:35 where he's getting down into the more esoteric voices, and he says, "Juicy funk?"



No comments: