Saturday, August 04, 2012

Waterworld

Parker has been asking to go to Waterworld all summer.  It's a hard place for me to take the kids on my own since Parker likes the big scary rides with long lines and the girls don't. And even if they did, they aren't tall enough yet.  So I asked my friend Kym if we could "rent" her 15 year old son Andrew to chaperone Parker.  He loved the idea.  So Kym and Andrew joined us yesterday.  We only saw the boys for lunch and ice cream and it sounds like they had a blast.  Kym and I took turns sitting in the sun and hanging with the girls on the smaller slides and wave pool. The girls took to harassing Kym quickly, climbing all over here and dunking her in waterfalls.  She was a good sport about it.  (Kym was born a twin with an older brother so she does actually enjoy hanging out with my kids since it reminder her of her childhood.  Her twin sister was killed in a car accident when she was 15 so grew up without her for the bulk of her life. I can't even imagine living through that.)  We were there about 5 hours and the kids were tiirrrred when we got home. Parker got a stomach ache and I think he was dehydrated too and pretty much fell asleep crying in our bed.  He was back to normal this morning.





2 comments:

Jenna said...

I will ALWAYS take Parker to waterworld. You don't even have to pay me. Love waterslides.

Rachel said...

I had no idea Jenna! I thought of you first but figured you must be "done" with the little kid nonsense. Glad to hear you are not! :)