Friday, May 09, 2014

Michael's Bday

Michael turned 46 on Monday. We had sushi and then lemon cake. The kids got him presents via me. Elizabeth gave him a little desk thing that says, "I love that you are my Dad." Miranda got him an Oakland Magnet (he collect magnets) and Parker got him a puzzle of vintage cereal boxes.

I got him HBO. He's been talking about it for a while so when Susan told me we could get it without getting cable, I did some digging. That wasn't quite true, but we were able to get super basic cable (only local stations) with HBO and HBO GO so that he could watch all the old episodes of Games of Thrones, True Detective, Deadwood, Band of Brothers and much more. We discussed it so it wasn't really a present since he's actually paying for it too, but whatever. It got installed today and he is happy as a clam. The best part is that we got cable internet with it and the whole thing costs $5 more than we are currently paying for just internet. And the internet is much faster. I'm sure the price will jump in a year, so I told him this present may have an expiration date.

Until then, he will be a happy guy.

No comments: