Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This and that.

Not much new around here these days. Parker was sick Monday and stayed home. Nothing major...just run down.

Elizabeth is taking chess in an after school class and is doing well. She plays with Michael a lot.

Parker did another meet on Saturday. He swam well and got a new B time on his 50 back. He is really enjoying it these days. I am training to be a swim meet official which is the role that make sure the kids are doing legal strokes. So I was at the meet for 8 hours. Oy.

We are fostering some kittens. We had four little ones, but Miranda's teacher is adopting two of them so they are gone.  We also have Waffles back. He is the kitten that escaped his carrier, was lost for a month living in the garden center of the rite aid in pleasant hill.  He's getting adopted at the end of the month.

I'm taking the girls camping on Saturday for our girl scout troop. I'm in charge and slightly dreading it. but it's only one day and I figure I can do anything for one day.

We've decreed May 24th Kids' Day.  I got the idea from my friend Monika who does it with her kids every year.  They get to make the rules all day.  The kids worked together about what rules they wanted and are very excited about it. I predict lots of minecraft and ice cream. It should be fun.

The kids are out of school in one month. They are pretty excited about that too.


No comments: