Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ugh.

A few weeks ago, Elizabeth asked to join a gymnastics team (specifically she said, "Mom, is there a way I can earn ribbons by doing gymnastics?).  I ignored it for a bit but when she brought it up a few more times, I asked Jenna, who works at a local gym what they offered.  She suggested I bring her in for evaluation so we did today.  At first they said she could join the team at a level 3 but then they saw her on bars (which she hasn't done since she was 5) and said she needed work on that which she could do one on one with a coach. She did the pre-team class today for 2 hours.  Elizabeth appears to understand how much work it will be and how much time she will need to commit (3 hours 3 times a week), but she is going to do another trial class on Thursday. It's a good gym. Between Head of Heels which was too crazy and structured and Matt's class which is too laid back.

The whole thing makes me a little bit (actually a lot) anxious.  I'm worried about how she does. I'm worried about the time it will take. I'm worried about how tired she will be.  I'm worried about how it will affect family life at night. I'm worried about her whining.

But...I know if she does it and works hard, she will love it and it will be her thing. I can just see her at meets with her pals. I see it.

No comments: