Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cars 2

The girls were invited to a bday party today. It was lunch and then a movie. Cars 2. For 5 year olds. It was a little boy who wasn't particularly friendly with the girls, but since only 5 kids were invited (with mine being 2 of them), I guess he had some fondness for them or one of them.

I told the mom that there was no way in hell (I used other language) my girls would be able to do a movie. They are too loud, too scary, too dark, too mature, too long, too everything. But I told her we would do the lunch and cake part before it.

But, after much discussion, the girls said they wanted to try it. I told them that if one of them wanted to leave, we all left. They said they understood so we gave it a try.

They lasted the whole time. Which was absolutely shocking considering how incredibly loud, violent and incomprehensible it all was. It had a plot about alternative fuel that I barely followed with a sub plot about loyalty and friendship. There were cars being killed, shot up and drowned. They had evil cars (Pacers and other cars that have been laughed at all their lives) doing mean things to other cars. There were adult jokes, tons of race and crash scenes and endless anxiety provoking moments like cars being crushed in Big Ben. I have no idea how they watched it.

After the movie I asked them what the movie was about. They said, "cars". I asked what about cars. They said, "we don't know." Then Miranda said, "I do remember this one part when they wanted to kill Lightening the Queen." Jesus.

I'm not a big action movie or a animated movie person so it was kinda lame for me and at one point I almost fell asleep except Elizabeth disturbed my sleep with the need to pee. That girl is so like me it's creepy.

Anyway, after the 4th party in one week, I'm glad we don't have another one scheduled for a while.

No comments: