Friday, June 24, 2011

First week of summer

Well, the first week of summer has pretty much sucked. Monday and Tuesday were fine with playdates, pool time, swim class, but from Tuesday at midnight when Parker got sick today, it's been fairly horrible. Parker is totally sick with a virus and can't stop making dying sounds. He really does feel like shit, but it's hard to keep saying, "Are you ok?" when he sounds like he is about to keel over only to hear him say for the 50th time, "I'm sick." Parker had a party planned for tomorrow for school and tball friends which we had to cancel. We missed two days of swim class and I've essentially been stuck home for 3 days. Which I hate.


I chatted with the kindergarten camp teacher today at pick up. I asked how they did this week.

She said, "Very well. They both did great. Elizabeth, as you know, is very....verbal. Miranda is...not."

Which is not true really, but together that is how it appears. This is why I wanted them in different classes come fall. Ah well.

In the car on the way home I asked Miranda why she didn't talk much in class (assuming the reason was because Elizabeth did) and she said, "Sometimes it's hard to talk and I'm a little shy."

This weekend we have 3 birthday parties (the girls are getting invited to many these days, even ones with limited guests).

I hope Parker is better soon.

No comments: