Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chapter Books

After my latest trip to Amy's I realized I had been slacking in the reading to the kids department. Especially with Parker. So I hit the library and got Charlottes Web for the girls and James and the Giant Peach for Parker. Neither have very many pictures so I was worried about them not being able to focus and pay attention, but they all can. In fact, each time I get to the end of a chapter, they say, "can you do another one?" And the girls are listening to James and the Giant Peach also and really seem to enjoy it. We all lie on Parker's bed and read together.

I also got The Fantastic Mr. Fox for Parker to read on his own and he read the first chapter tonight and only got stuck on the word "nonetheless" which I thought was amusing since he knows None and The and Less, but couldn't put it together correctly. He learned a few word too like Lean and Dwarf. I also got him a book about Wolves (non fiction) and how to draw. He was happy with both.

No comments: