Sunday, March 25, 2012

I am a marathoner.


It was hard and I never want to do it again, but damn it, I did it.

Thanks to Ebba for watching the kids all night long and today.
Thanks to Michael for taking my jacket, bringing me water twice, giving me support and telling me I could do it. And for letting me sit around after.
Thanks so Susan and family for cheering me on at mile 12.
Thanks to Sara and April for running with me so much before the race.
Thanks to Kym, Sara, Jack, Ellen, Collette, and Leigh for cheering me in at the finish.
Thanks to April for doing it with me so I wasn't being a crazy person alone.
Thanks to the big black guy with dreads who told me I could "do it" at mile 25.

Now I rest.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Inspiring. I cried a little when you crossed the finish line. So proud of you.

Rachel said...

What the he'll are you doing up at 4:58 today??????

Sara said...

LOL, I was going to the pool!