Sunday, March 11, 2012

Last Long Run

I'm doing my first marathon in two weeks and today was my last long run run (I have to do 8 next week in new orleans but 8 miles is no longer considered a long run, crazily.) I usually do flat long runs because...well...I hate running and I hate hills, but today I wanted to do hills so that when it comes time to do them on race day I wouldn't be scared. I did them (part of the actual marathon course) last Sunday for the 20 mile run and again this wednesday for a 9 mile run but wanted one more try at them for the 12 mile run. Luckily my running pal Sara was game (she is game for anything really) so we left at 6:30 which was really 5:30 due to the time change. It was light by the time we got to Lake Temescal and for the first 6 miles it was pretty much all up hill with a tiny bit of flat and downhill thrown in to help us.

Amazingly, I did just fine...even better than Sunday or Wednesday and feel much more confident about race day.

After the up hill, it was pretty much all downhill back which was nice and almost made you forget about the uphill. Almost.

After all these long runs I always feel slightly fluish and I lay around under covers recovering. Also, I'm typically in desperate need of a giant burger. But today there was no time for burgers or lying around. I took Parker to a swim lesson (one of his swim team coaches is giving him a little one on one attention and it's really helping him) and then went back to get the girls to take them all to Lawrence Hall of Science where we met up with Zoe and her family. The kids can never get enough of that place.

So now I'm starving and ready to crawl under the covers...two weeks from now at this time, it will all be over and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Amity said...

You go girl, you are awesome! I wish I were there to cheer you on!