Monday, March 12, 2012

Parker's Great Monday

Parker has piano and swim on Mondays.

When his teacher arrived for Piano today, Parker was already playing and he sounded damn good. The teacher stood in the door listening to him play for a while before he knew she was there. She looked at me with quite an expression. They had their lesson (I don't listen anymore) and when I came down at the end, she said he did great. I told her that he practiced a lot this week, sometimes twice a day or just goofing off on the piano trying scales or whatever. She said, "Yup. That's what musicians do."

At swimming, Michael has been working with him on using the locker room on his own. For the fall season he was terrified to go in there so I would change him like a 3 year old with a towel around his waist. The cold air didn't help. We decided that if he was old enough and good enough to be on swim team, he had to be mature enough to use the locker room like all the other kids did. He is still the youngest there I think, but by only a year or so. Today, Michael said he did great and is ready to do it on his own. Parker agreed. Michael also said that he looked great in the pool choosing to go first in the lane rather than last. He is much more confident after just a few lessons with the coach and a few months time. I was really impressed to hear all of it.

No comments: