Sunday, March 04, 2012

A "typical" weekend.

For the last few months we've been good about not doing much on the weekend. That has ended. Here is what we did this weekend.

Saturday morning Parker had opening ceremony for little league. His was informal but nice with all the kid wearing the uniforms and running through this balloon arch. They even got a big leaguer (who coincidently runs a pitching clinic) to speak. Donut holes and bagels made it bearable for the girls.

Then the girls had ballet class. I stayed the whole time to see what, if any, actual ballet they would do. There wasn't much, but they did do some plies at the bar. The girls (all of them) are total spazzy and there appears to be no actual talent in the bunch. Elizabeth seems to be the most able to tell her body what to do, but she goofs off a lot and acts like a class clown at times too.

After ballet, Parker had his Certificate of Merit test for piano. It ended up being about an hour and a half and we don't get the results before Tuesday. Parker said he did well, but who knows.

Then we all went to the amusement park shown in the previous post.

This morning, I got up with the kids and got ready for my longest run to date (20 miles). I left about 7 and the kids hung out until they had to go out to get a present for friend's party today. They made cards and with Michaels' help wrapped it.

I returned hours later and then took the girls to the party. While they were there, I went shopping for some much needed staples like milk and cheese and starbursts. Then back to pick them up and home again. (The mom at the party, who is a friend, said, "I was super careful to make sure that their party favor bags had the exact same items in them so they wouldn't fight about it" but in reality Elizabeth got a ring that Miranda did not and it was noticed in about 3 seconds.)

Michael and Parker had just returned from a coaches and kids baseball clinic (Michael is the assistant coach for Parker's team.)

Then I collapsed in my bed, but soon enough Miranda and Parker were both in there with me; Parker demanding I play him words with friends and Miranda requiring my assistance getting dressed. (She likes to have "company.")

Michael, thank the lord, made dinner, then took the kids to ice cream since they all requested it using their saved up poker chips. Elizabeth threw a little fit when she found out Miranda was coming to, but it ended quickly and they left me alone. Normally I would do the dishes so that when Michael gets home he can just put them to bed, but I'm pooped and can barely muster the energy to sit here typing let alone do dishes. Michael, who has done two marathons, understands this and has generously given me the night off.

1 comment:

Michael said...

You forgot the most important part, that I made cheese sauce for the cauliflower.