Friday, September 28, 2012

Bikes.

The girls outgrew their 16 inch bikes so we got them the next size up.  They are both green, but I got different color bells so they could tell whose was whose. I picked them up the other day and that evening we went to the school to practice.  With hand breaks and gears and a bigger frame, I had a feeling we would have some difficulties. I even warned Michael to be ready for some hysterics from Miranda since she was the last to learn to ride and usually has the hardest time with this kind of thing.

But...Miranda had no problems.  She even fell off a couple times, bouncing back up saying, "I'm ok! I'm ok!"  She used her breaks, went up hills, went down hills, and loved it.

Elizabeth, the one that has ridden a bike without training wheels since age 3, was totally freaked out. She WAS hysterical and Michael had to stay with her, holding the bike and generally being patient for her ongoing meltdown.

The next day they both wanted to try again, but I said we would wait until the weekend.

No comments: