Monday, September 10, 2012

Funny Story

I was at the pool today waiting for Parker to get dressed after swim team when a mom of girl who sat next to Parker all year last year said Hi.  We started chatting and then she tells me the following:

"Sadie came home one day last year and told us that Parker had a different math book then the rest of the class.  Since Sadie is pretty good in math, my partner (Sadie's other mom) got a little upset that she didn't have a different math book too.  So at the parent teacher conference, we asked, "How come Parker has a different math book than Sadie and why can't Sadie have that one too?"  Mrs. Sears then chuckled a bit and said, "Well...Parker is different.  I've never seen a kid like him before and I don't think I will again.  But don't worry, Sadie is very good in math too.  Just not like Parker.  Her book is fine.  And I'm having her sit next to Parker because she is one of the only ones who isn't intimidated by him."

The moms laughed a good deal about it after the fact, but never told me about that until now.

I was amused.

No comments: