Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Just like old times.

I took a ballet class tonight.  First one in over 25 years.  And I actually didn't totally suck.  I wasn't the fattest one there. I wasn't the worst one there.  And I wasn't the only one from Westside Ballet there.  This college graduate who studied there was in the class. She was better than I was, but I had about 20 years and 20 pounds on her.  We did stuff from the corner together and the teacher said he could tell we studied at the same place. We had the same arms.  She was in the nutcracker too and we both agreed we would never forget the choreography.  My teacher Yvonne is 92 years old now. Which is funny because she seemed like 92 years old back then.

The teacher was very nice and kept reminding me not to over do it. Most stuff just came back to me quickly. I remembered the terms and my body remembered the moves.   I couldn't quite do a double pirouette, but I'm betting I will soon.

I'll be sore tomorrow.

No comments: