Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Spelling

When I went to pick up Parker today, he never came out of the room after everyone was dismissed.  I went into the classroom to find him and he was with Anjuna (Ms. Lohnes).  I asked if everything was ok and she motioned me in.  She said that he had gotten all the words right on the pre-test in spelling so she was trying to find words he couldn't spell.

She tried Product, Remainder, Atmosphere, Quotient, and Syllable.  He got Quotient wrong (Quotiont) and Syllable wrong (sillable).   You should have seen her eyes roll when he spelled Atmosphere correctly.  Then she said, "can you spell Trilobite?" I said, "What is a trilobite???"  He spelled it trilibite and she was pleased he got it wrong.  Then she showed me one and we were on our way.

No comments: