Thursday, January 30, 2014

Yet another example of how his brain works

The other day I took Parker to a baseball coach. A friend had organized a trial session with him and about 12 other kids showed up too. He worked with Parker for about 15 minutes and then we left. We were there about 45 minutes total.

As we were driving away, I said to Parker, "How was it?  What did you learn? Did you like it?"  He answered the questions like he normally does, "Yeah, it was good."

So then I asked, "What was his name again?"  Parker says, "I can't remember his name, but I know it had 6 letters in it."  Then he was silent for about 2 minutes and added "J-U-S-T-I-N.  His name is Justin."

Even if I had remembered his name was Justin, I would never, in a million years, said, "Yeah, it had 6 letters in it."

No comments: