Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sleep away camp

There is a camp that many Piedmont kids go to called Camp Augusta. I tried to get Parker in the last two years but had no luck. It's always overfull, but once you get in, you are in for good.  This year, all three kids got in.  The girls will be going to a 3 day mini camp from Thursday to Saturday the day after school is out. Parker will be going to a full week two weeks after that.  Elizabeth was a little nervous when I told her about it, but quickly warmed up to the idea when she saw the pictures of the rope course. Parker is going with two other friends and is very, very excited.  He asked, "Do you think I need to bring my own materials for raft building?"  I told him, no, they would supply them.  Miranda said she wasn't thrilled about getting naked in front of everyone and wished there was something she could wear in the shower to cover herself up. I told her it was called a bathing suit. She seemed satisfied with that solution.  I never went to camp, so I'm excited to for them.  Maybe the following year, we can send them all at the same time and Michael and I can have a little vacation of our own.

No comments: