Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I forgot.

We took Parker to a ADHD screening today. We don't actually think he has it, but I guess we'll find out. Michael and I are skeptical of the entire process as it involves his teacher filling out an evaluation of him.  There's a lot more to say about it, but I don't have the energy.  I will summarize it all by saying this:

We asked Parker if the doctor there told the kids (it was a group screening) why there were there. He said, "The doctor asked us if we knew why we were here. One kid said he did."  I said, "Well, what did the kid say?"  Parker said, "I forgot."

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

lol...great entry....I forgot! I agree with you and Michael, Parker is just fine. He is a busy boy that wants to think about what he wants to think about not what he should be thinking about at any given moment. His cognitive abilities will continue to grow along as he does and there's no need for any special services except to make sure he's challenged enough. We all know he's brilliant, creative and talented. My humble opinion, anyway.