Wednesday, March 05, 2014

I hate fieldtrips

I took Parker's class on a field trip yesterday. I didn't want to, but they were desperately short drivers so I ended up with 6 in my car. I find fieldtrips unpleasant for a variety of reasons.   The kids are so loud in the car and then when we arrive there is too much standing around waiting.  We went to Lawrence Hall of Science which as anyone reading this knows, we've been hundreds of times.  Why these privileged, white kids need to spend a day away from school experiencing this place is crazy to me. They did a class on lasers and light where they got to play with lasers and mirrors.  As Parker pointed out when he got home, my spy laser alarm does the same thing!

Friday I drive Elizabeth to Adventure playground. It's somehow tied into their science unit, but I'm guessing it will be just more loud kids, running around and some amount of waiting.

No comments: