Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A look back at '06: Hawaii

In July I went to Maui to attend my brother's wedding. It was a nice wedding, right on the beach at sunset, flower petals in the sand, the whole bit. Here's me and Lori and Kathleen on a walk we took along the beach at Wailea.


I had a very nice condo at the Hale Pau Hana resort in ramshackle Kiheh, right on the beautiful beach at Kamaole II. The front was all glass, and it had a kitchen and a bedroom, and a stereo, and it was 400 square feet of heaven. I snorkled with the turtles right out front.


Yep. Hawaii is nice.


At some point I left my camera in Lori's bag, so she kindly took pictures with it, including this one, which is one of my favorites. She had the camera on some inappropriate setting, so the lighting is really funky and cool. I love the picture for two main reasons: 1) it's a picture of someone taking a picture, which is funny to me, and 2) that glassy-eyed look of bemused contentment on my brother's half a face.

No comments: