Sunday, May 06, 2007

Pies

As you all know, Michael makes me a cake every year for my bday. So this year, he requested that we start a tradition for him that involves me baking a pie for his bday. I'm no cook or even a baker, but how could I say no?

So I asked my sister what a good easy pie was and she suggested strawberry as you don't even bake the pie at all. Since strawberries are still in season, that sealed the deal. After confirming with Michael that I could get a premade crust ("Yes, this year since it is your first,") I got some strawberries from Trader Joes and found a good easy recipe.

Unfortunately, the ease of the recipe elluded me as I "drained off" the juices from the strawberry/sugar combination right down the sink and not into the pot to boil. Bummer. After some tears, hugs from Michael and suggestions from Lori who was visiting, I finished the pies. (Yes, I made two.) They seemed no worse for wear. I even got a little silly with the whipped topping.

Michael said it was still good. Parker liked it too. I liked the whipped cream.




No comments: