Monday, September 13, 2010

Special Trip with Eli

Since Miranda got a special trip with me a while back, I did one with Elizabeth this weekend. She wanted to do "the same as Miranda". I knew she wouldn't like it as much as Miranda did since she isn't as much into animals, but I honored her request. We took off Saturday morning and started at Sacramento Zoo. She pretty much didn't care about any of it, but we did sit in front of the chimpanzees for a long time. After the obligatory zoo corn dog and cotton candy, we went to find out fabulous hotel that I got on priceline the night before for only $40. I was so damn proud of myself for trying to save money and thrilled that we found a great place complete with the only required part of the trip...a pool.

Unfortunately, the pool was broken. I was pissed. I called Michael to figure out what to do and we both agreed we had to go to a hotel with a pool (it was 90 degrees out and we had all day to do nothing.) So I drove the 5 minutes to the hotel Miranda and I stayed at and paid another fee to stay there. I was very annoyed, but tried to get over it to enjoy the rest of the time.

Elizabeth, thank god, had a blast in the pool and hot tub and she freaked many people out by swimming under water for long periods of time in both.

Then we met up with Val and family for dinner. Sushi in mall. Gotta love Sacramento.

I was thinking we would go swimming again after dinner, but Eli was trashed and fell asleep quickly in her own bed. I read for a while and tried to sleep, but our lovely neighbors were having a little party and didn't stop until midnight.

The next day, we had breakfast, went swimming again and then met Val and Elijah at Fairytale Town. Eli reminded me that she needed a face painting like Miranda had (she remembered this on her own from when we returned from that trip.) After a couple hours we were done with that and were going to do some rides, but convinced her that a stop at the Jelly Belly factory 45 minutes west was a better idea. So we took off and had lunch and candy at the factory. Elizabeth was very happy.

In fact, she was very happy with the whole trip. And with the exception of the hotel nonsense, so was I.

Note: Eli dropped the camera at the zoo and it broke so there are no pictures except for what Val took which we will hopefully see soon.

No comments: