Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Nails

Around January 1st, the subject of nail biting came up. I think it did because elizabeth's nails were bleeding from being bit so much.  She was actually in pain.  I told her she had to stop. She agreed but didn't know how.  Which I understand so very, very well.

I tried to think of the thing she would want more than anything and said, "Elizabeth I will take you on a shopping spree if you stop biting your nails for the entire month of January."  Without even knowing what a shopping spree was, she had an idea this was a very, very good thing.  We discussed what it meant and she was all over it.

And you know what, she is actually doing it.  She had one day where she bit one nail on one hand but otherwise she is doing fantastic.  Her nails look great and she is super proud.

She asked if she could mark the calendar with the day of the shopping spree. So we did.  Then she asked if she could get a haircut that day too. I told her sure. And we would get our nails done together.  She is super excited.  And luckily for me, she wants to go to Thrift Town and Target for her shopping spree.

Since it took me 42 year to quit, I'm super impressed she is doing it.

2 comments:

Amberbadik said...

Good job!! I still cannot quit! So, good for you Elizabeth!

Rachel said...

You wanna go on a shopping spree too??? :)