Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sadness

Today I went to the memorial of an almost 5 year old girl, a daughter of a friend, who died on New Years Eve from cancer.  I pretty much cried from the moment I arrived to when I left.  The parents, preschool teacher, aunts and uncles, and grandparents spoke.   I can't even imagine how they were able to do that.  The parents asked us to all wear something that Lelia would have said she liked...something sparkly or crazy.  So my friends and I all wore pink hair extensions and I borrowed one of Elizabeth's sparkly tiara headbands.  The grandfather wore a purple boa.  It was all so awful, I don't know how people get through something like that.  My kids knew her. She came over many times and we went to a water park with her. I haven't told them and I don't think I'm going to.  So hard.  So sad.

No comments: