Monday, July 07, 2014

Team clinic

Elizabeth is doing a gymnastics team clinic this week where they learn the routines. Three hours every day. Plus regular workouts. Today they learned floor and part of beam. I had watched them on you tube and was feeling a little worried for her because they looked harder than I thought, were pretty dancy (which isn't her thing) and there are a million ways to get deductions.


I got there 15 minutes early today and there she was on the beam doing handstands and looking very much like a kid who knew what she was doing. Then at home she showed me the floor routine. Except for not quite getting one dancy part, she looked really good. With almost two months before meets start, I'm not worried anymore. If she learned all that in one day, she'll be fine. Better than fine.

No comments: