Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving at Casa de la Colina

This was one of the few times that I didn't go home for thanksgiving/my birthday. I was going to, but didn't want to take Elizabeth out of her gymnastics class in the second week. At first Michael was going to cook stating that he wanted to start a tradition, but I convinced him that the kids wouldn't eat any of it and we would eat way, way too much of it. So we were gonna do nothing until my good friend Ebba suggested we go to her house. I thanked her but assumed Michael would not want to go to someone else's house with people he didn't know. But he surprised and said, "let's do it." I told Ebba and also told her we would bring a pie (see Happy Thanksgiving blog)

We arrived around 4ish to a house full of Ebba's family (two sets of grandparents and her sister's family). The kids were a bit afraid of the small dogs also visiting, but got over it quickly and settled into goofing off with Ebba's kids and nieces. Michael and I ate way too many appetizers. Then we had the most delicious dinner! Elizabeth and Miranda liked the turkey and gravy as well as some mashed potatoes, which is more than I thought they would, but Parker only at the bread. I ate way too much dinner, but only one piece of pumpkin pie. Everyone seemed to like Michael's apple pie made of 4 different kinds of apples and with a fancy new crust pan.

We were both exhausted when we got home and fell asleep almost immediately.

Thanks Ebba!

No comments: