Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Diamond Ranch

Every time we go somewhere where there is horse back riding, I want to do it. I'm not a big fan of horses, but it has always seemed appealing to me. But since the kids have been too little and I don't want to go by myself, I haven't done it.

But on this trip, I found a place that would let Miranda ride with me and since she loves horses, we did it. Kevin's nephew and daughters came with us and it was a good time. Miranda was in heaven, but even she thought it was a bit long (at about 2 1/2 hours of riding after an hour of standing around discussing how to ride and fitting the horses.)

We crossed some creeks, went up and down some hills, got walked into lots of trees and I got bitten by two horse flies. Ouch.

I think I don't need to go horse back riding again for a while. Miranda, on the other hand, wants to take lessons, which unfortunately is possible about 10 minutes from our house.






1 comment:

More of the Howe Girls said...

this summer sam went to horse camp...dropped her off at 10 picked her up at 3 for 5 days...she LOVED it! We do have a horse barn on our property and thankfully after the week was over she didnt ask for a horse but she did ask to go again next year!