Monday, August 08, 2011

Monday Morning

On Thursday night, I slept with Elizabeth in the playroom because she wanted to go to boot camp with me and I didn't want to wake up Miranda at o'dark thirty Friday morning.

So then on Friday, Miranda wanted to sleep in the playroom with me, but I was going to a movie so I told her Saturday we would do it.

So we did and all night long she was crying about her stomach hurting. I got so annoyed, I just went to my own bed at some point. She did the same. She kept crying and whining in her own bed all night long mixed with periods of sleep.

I called Kaiser in the morning since this had gone on a long time and the advice nurse says, "Is she in pain and then falls asleep and then wakes up in pain every 30 minutes or so?" as if she had also been in our house. Turns out it's some 24-hour virus that will come to an end when the barfing starts.

So the barfing started yesterday late afternoon and didn't stop until about midnight. She hadn't really eaten anything (except a little pasta for dinner) so she didn't have much to barf up but boy did it keep coming. She was a real trooper about it, getting the bowl when she felt the "barf coming" and only getting some on the ground for the first throw up. She would go upstairs for a bit, then come down and immediately barf. One time I took the barf bowl to clean it and she started to barf again but was able to somehow wait until I ran it back over to her. Michael and I were watching some English TV show about a guy who swears a lot and fixes restaurants that are about to close so I'm sure Miranda learned some new phrases like "Fuck Me" and "Oh Bollocks!"

She slept from midnight to 8am when I got her up to take Elizabeth to gymnastics camp. Miranda was suppose to go to Zoo camp today, but I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow.

We drove Elizabeth down there and they have a nice drop off system where they have counselors who just get the kids from the car. When we arrived, the director (the one who evaluated Elizabeth and seems to have genuine interest in her*) was there and told the counselor, "I'll walk this one in." She calls Eli "Froggy" (because she can jump so high) which Elizabeth loves. I told Joy (the director) that this was the first extended activity that Elizabeth has done without Miranda or me waiting for her and to please take care of her. Joy said she would and they both walked off hand in hand. I started to tear up as I drove off (which is odd for me in these situations) but sucked it up and didn't even have to wipe my eyes. I made her tell me my phone number over and over so she could call me if she wanted me to come get her, but I don't think that will happen.

I dropped Parker off at Aidan's (I was suppose to take them to six flags today, ah well) and then headed home with Miranda. Miranda hasn't throw up yet, but isn't 100% either. She is now watching Flipper, just one in a long line of animal related movies I got her over the last few weeks.

*I had Miranda take a make up class the other day at the gym. It was a dance/gym class. Joy came up to me during it and said, "Coach lawrence wants to know if Miranda can do Dance Development?" I told her jokingly "Hell no" and then seriously told her to tell all the coaches to keep their hands off my other kids and neither of them (Parker or her) would be doing any other kind of development. That having Elizabeth there twice a week was enough for me. She told me to stop having talented kids (and I told her I had) and then she added, "Well, at least I've got Elizabeth."

No comments: