Thursday, August 11, 2011

Incentive

I've been trying to get Parker to keep his hands out of his mouth since he was three. At first it was age appropriate. Then it was a phase. Then it was disgusting. Obviously, I've failed terrifically at. Sucking on his fingers and generally touching the inside of his mouth is his favorite past-time.

I have, however, discovered something that might end it all. Each time I catch him with his hands in his mouth, I say, "That's one." Then, "Two times." and "Three." You get the picture. The number corresponds to the number of times he has to ask me to play angry birds on my phones before I say yes. So if I catch him once, and then he later asks me to play, I say, No. When he comes back an hour later, I say "no" again if we've made it to two.

Luckily, he has not figured out that he can just stand in front of me and say, "Can I play angry birds? Can I play angry birds? Can I play angry birds?"

No comments: