Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cinderella!

Today, I rode my bike for 66 miles in something called Cinderella. My bootcamp friends were doing it so I joined in. I was a little worried about it since I haven't ridden my bike for more than 30 miles and I only did that last weekend. But everything turned out ok. The race was for women only and there were over 2000 I think doing it. It's a ride, rather than a race and we were suppose to dress up. Some people had tutus. Some wings. Some feather on their helmets. We had capes. Capes that were partly made by Teresa last night and partly made by us in the car on the way to the ride. They were great and got us lots of comments.

There were three stops. One at 18 miles. One 14 miles later. And the last one 11 miles later. Then 25 miles to home. At each stop there were toilets, water and tons and tons of food. Had we not been on the bike for 6 hours, I would have gained 5 pounds today! It was freezing pretty much the whole day. My toes kept getting numb. I had on 5 layers on top. Exercise top, bike shirt, long sleeve shirt, arm warmers and a jacket. Only shorts down below. Lots of wind too, so there was a time when it was so strong I had to actually switch gears. For the second leg of the race, I rode with the fast girls. They did a pace line to help cut down on wind. I stayed near the back and was really pleased I kept up with them. I didn't think I could and was glad that I did.

A good, long, tiring day.



Me!

All the gals before the ride.


Applying the Y (from YMCA) on the red cape.


Pinning capes on Jenny while she pinned it on Teresa.


Walking to the starting line.


The fast gals. Michelle, Elaine and Kym. Kym is one of the bootcamp instructors and has been instrumental in me getting into shape and doing crazy things like this. They had matching outfits which we never saw because it was so freaking cold all day.


I was pretty happy at the end when I got to eat soup.




No comments: