Sunday, April 04, 2010

Jen's Wedding

While Rachel and the kids were playing with Amy and her kids, I drove over the mountains to Reno on Thursday to see my niece Jennifer get married. Her new husband Richard has been her boyfriend just about forever, but I was on the fence about him until I saw his wedding outfit. It takes an unshakable commitment to ones core convictions to get married in shorts.



I was happy to keep things classy on the gift table. What the Long Family's gift lacked in initial presentation will be more than made up for in how much the young couple will freaking love this thing. (It's a Wii.)



The ride over the hill and back were both plagued by heavy snow, which, in my tiny car, made for sustained pending-death experiences, which were bad, bad, bad. I was never so happy to be in Auburn as I was on Friday afternoon.

No comments: