Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Hair cuts!

I took the girls for their first hair cuts today. Yes, we haven't cut their hair in 3 1/2 years. They really didn't need it today, but both were getting uneven and straggly as well as lots of split ends, so I just asked the lady to "clean it up" rather than cut it short. They both got shoulder length cuts that took about 8 minutes. Neither fussed or cried, but neither seemed particularly happy about the whole thing either. Neither of them accepted the bows and ribbons that are complimentary for girls.

I forgot my camera, but they did give us these little certificates with their actual hair attached. The girls loved them even though Miranda said, "I look so sad!"

While we were there, Parker asked to get his hair cut, so I let him. A few other boys were there and all got the same short, slightly "cool" cut, so I let him get it too. The guy put gel in his hair to get it stick up in the front. Man, I wish I had a picture of that. He looked like such a hip 5 year old.


No comments: