Sunday, June 13, 2010

Aunt Kack-a-leen

After months and months of listening to Miranda complain that we never see Aunt Kack-a-leen, Michael's sister Kathleen finally came down from Seattle for a weekend visit. The kids, especially Miranda, were beyond thrilled. It was like Christmas night Thursday night. After a few moments of shyness at the airport, the kids were pretty much glued to her all weekend. "Look at me, Aunt Kack-a-leen!" "Play a game with me Kack-a-leen!" "Tickle me Kack-a-leen!" Poor Kathleen didn't get a moment's peace until I took the kids to a party on Saturday afternoon. She handled it all really well and never seemed to tire (despite the heat) or lose steam. She humored those kids with everything allowing me to actually lie on the couch for a midday rest.

She left today around 4 and by 5:30, Miranda had already said, "I miss Aunt Kack-a-leen."

Thanks for a great visit!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I had a great time! Thanks for everything!