Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flashback?

It's like I had newborns again.

Last night, Elizabeth woke up screaming 3 times. Since she isn't the one to generally do that for no reason, Michael went to see what the problem was which was never quite determined. She woke up Miranda and both needed to come downstairs for water or whatever such nonsense.

About 2 hours later, it happened again. Screaming, coming downstairs, etc. I gave Elizabeth the option of sleeping on the stairs in front of the garage or in her bed quietly. After a few tries, she chose her bed. Miranda only lifted her head up this time and said, "I love you mommy."

About 2 hours later, it happened again. She seemed genuinely distressed about something she couldn't communicate and since I figured this was just going to happen all night long, I gave in and she came into bed with me with after taking her jammies off. She fell asleep quickly.

About 30 minutes later, Parker came into the room saying his arm hurt. Great. I gave him some meds and tried to send him back to him room. Unsuccessfully of course. So he got into bed with us. Michael, thankfully was in the backhouse since he was getting up very early to work out.

I was pretty bummed out about all of it knowing that I had a long day ahead of me with all three kids. But when Elizabeth and Miranda didn't wake up until 7 and Parker stayed asleep until 8, I felt a little bit better. And I also complimented Miranda for doing a very good job last night. Not only did she not get involved in the Elizabeth drama, but she didn't freak out when she woke up alone in the room.

People frequently ask on the twins club forums when the sleep thing gets better. I feel really bad telling them the truth. Never.

No comments: