Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Good News. Bad News.

Good news:

Went to Berkeley YMCA today while kids were in camp. Thought I would practice swimming a bit. Easily swam 20 laps (that's 40 lengths to most of you!) before I had to go back to pick up the kids (it's a short camp). Considering I could only swim about 1 lap the same time last year, I was damn proud.

Bad news:

Got Jenna to come over tonight so I could meet up with old friend who is in town for the day. Cooked dinner and had it ready so I could fly out the door when she arrived. 15 minutes before that, Elizabeth is in hysterics (as she had been for the last couple hours). I finally felt her. Hot. 104 fever. Dinner canceled. Hung out with Elizabeth in back house while Jenna dealt with Miranda and Parker. 2 hours later meds must have kicked in, because she was fine.

No comments: