Monday, October 03, 2011

Night time fun

I can't remember if I've blogged this yet, and I'm too lazy to check so here it goes...

When Elizabeth turned 5, she announced she was done with nightime pull ups. I thought she might be "that" kid that pees excessively at night and then is done and never has an accident again. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. For about a week or two, she peed a couple times per night. We put layers and layers of sheets and mattresses protectors so we'd just pull out the layer off, change her clothes and put her back in bed. We also started waking her up at night to go pee. But unlike her brother, where this technique worked like a charm, she doesn't pee every time we wake her up. She sits on the toilet sound asleep and then shakes her head to indicate, no pee. One night, I woke her up at 2:30 to pee, she didn't and then peed in her bed at 3am. And unlike her brother, she doesn't wake up when she pees so we go in to check on her and she is sound asleep in a wet, stinky bed. I told Michael a couple times that I thought it wasn't fair to keep doing this since she doesn't have control over what happens when she is asleep. But he kept saying to give it more time. I've asked Elizabeth if she wants to go back to pull ups and she says, "No, I'm fine waking up a lot at night."

We haven't seen big changes in the last month, but in the last week or so, she hasn't had too many accidents and is peeing when we wake her up. We'll see how it progress, but needless to say, I'm doing a lot of laundry.

2 comments:

Lori said...

pick up a few of the rubber with flannel crib protectors to save the sheets and the mattress. Some kids just wet the bed for awhile, no biggee.

Rachel said...

We have several. :)