Sunday, October 16, 2011

Race Weekend

While Michael was dealing with emergency room visits, I was in Healdsburg enjoying a lot of fun, a lot of friends, a lot of hot tubbing and a lot of miles. I ran the race with my friend Sara, who was doing her first half marathon. (this is my fourth for you new blog readers). We had trained together and I knew I wanted to run with her. I was worried one of us would feel really bad or really good, but we both were able to stick together and it was great to finish with her. Here we are about to sprint the last 100 feet or so.



The house I found for the 16 of us turned out to be completely funky. It was a big property with four houses on it. We had two of them and it worked our well despite the funk. One example of the oddness of it all was that there was a tree in our kitchen.



Some of the folks did a 30, 66 or 100 mile bike ride the day before, but I skipped that and enjoyed the hot tub, sleeping in and hanging out. I shared a bed with my fabulous boot camp leader, Kym. Before falling asleep one night, we learned new things about each other including that we both had brothers named David and that she is a twin and her twin sister was killed in a car accident when she was 15. Devastating. She ran the race with me and Sara too even though it was incredibly slow for her. That is just the kind of gal she is.

Anyway, it was a good time and a good race and it's good to be home.

No comments: